top of page

DIY Tiered ruffle cut out dress

Hi all! Happy Sunday!


Hope everyone had an amazing week. I did. So I’ve been seeing these ruffle dresses everywhere and I really wanted to make one but was pretty adamant about not buying another pattern (my stash is so full). I thought it would best to Frankenpattern something of the myriad of options I have available.





I turned again to my trusty vintage Simplicity pattern 1371. Which I’ve used a different view of here







and the same view here.





I decided to use View B like I’d done for the bathing suit. I really liked the way the shoulder straps overlapped the bodice. I thought it would add a flare to it more so than just the plain bodice. If I make it again I will definitely make that part out of contrasting fabric.


I then proceeded to make the skirt which consisted of three layers of rectangles and a lot of gathering. I still haven’t managed to use the ruffling foot to attach gathers to a stable piece of fabric but it worked out anyway. The results are as follows:






13 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page